DIPARTIMENTO SVILUPPO ECONOMICO, INNOVAZIONE, ISTRUZIONE, FORMAZIONE E LAVORO
SEZIONE COMPETITIVITA’ E RICERCA DEI SISTEMI PRODUTTIVI
Corso Sonnino, 177 – 70121 Bari
Brief profile of
COMPETITIVENESS AND RESEARCH OF PRODUCTIVE SYSTEM UNIT APULIA REGION
Competitiveness and research of the productive systems Unit is included in the Department for Economic Development of the Apulia Region.
Its headquarters are in Bari, in Corso Sonnino 177.
Since August 2016, the Section is managed by the lawyer Gianna Elisa Berlingerio.
• Taking care and coordinating the planning and management of the incentive system for companies, with the exception of agricultural ones;
• Taking care and coordinating the definition, planning and management of regional public support for productive infrastructures;
• Taking care and coordinating the implementation and management of measures to support the energy efficiency of companies, defined in the regional strategic planning;
• Taking care and coordinating the management of the support to the research activities of the Apulian entrepreneurial system;
• Collaborating in the planning of actions to support the digitalization of companies.
About European Structural Funding (ERDF or ESF), during the period 2014/2020, the Section will manage about 1 and a half billion euros of incentives for apulian companies.
Organizational structure and specific skills
The Section is divided into two different units called “Services”:
SERVICE for INDUSTRIAL AND PRODUCTION AREAS AND FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS and SERVICE for INCENTIVES to SMEs and BIG Companies.
SERVICE for INDUSTRIAL AND PRODUCTION AREAS AND FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS supports the Section’s management in the following functions:
• implementation and management of support initiatives for production facilities;
• implementation and management in the conclusion of the “support and qualification interventions of the logistics basins of the production systems”;
• implementation and management of specific interventions included in the “Local Development”;
• implementation and management of specific actions in application of art. 45 of the Regional Law n. 7/2002 (Royalty Hydrocarbons)
• management of the aids in the form of a credit guarantee and interventions for the capitalization and financial consolidation of the SME system,
• care of the functions assigned to the Region by the regulations governing Industrial Development Consortiums.
SERVICE for INCENTIVES to SMEs and BIG Companies assists the Section’s management in the following functions:
• planning, implementation, management and promotion of the incentive system for companies with the exception of agricultural ones;
• planning and management of interventions for the competitiveness of companies;
• management of regional rules and national and European regulation on aid schemes and incentives for self-employment and self-employment;
• management of activities related to the adoption of support measures for import / export Consortia;
• implementation and management of actions to support research activities of the business system.
A total of about 30 people work in the Section.